Self care blogger box swap collaboration with Lisa’s notebook

A little while ago I was introduced to what ‘box swaps’ are; two bloggers pair up, choose a theme and a budget, and send each other a box of surprise goods. I’d paired up with Abbie from Abbie Chic previously; Lisa from Lisa’s Notebook is one of my pen-pals, and we’d wanted to work together on something for a while.

We chose the theme of ‘self care’; it’s often a term that’s thrown about on the internet, but I think that we both needed this. I get the sense from Lisa, every so often, that she worries about me when I tell her about my ‘shenanigans’. (I must admit I was grateful when she suggested the theme.) Our budget was ten pounds, and this is what I received.

(Left to right: Yankee candle, notebook, Kiko nai varnish, pen, Dr Paw Paw, hot chocolate kit, card. In the background you can see a pearly-pink scarf.)

I loved my parcel; it arrived when I was starting to feel run-down. (And as I write this, I’m not very well, so it was incredibly well-timed.)

The notebook and pen are going to be useful later this year; I’m working on a project-I can’t say what it is, yet-but pen and paper are going to be integral. I also think that Lisa knows me better than most people; Dr Paw Paw is a brand that I particularly love. (Enough so that I tried to compile a complete list of everything you can do with it.) Kiko is also a brand I love; it’s the go-to-place when I go out on a Saturday with two of my relatives. (Plus Lisa predicted the colour that I always, always go for. )

One of the things that I also really liked was how everything in this box was miniature-sized; I like this minimalistic approach. Since I’ve also moved house, this is now going towards making my house a home, be it candles at dinner (and it smells so good!), or draping the scarf above my desk.

Thank you to Lisa for my box; I hope we get to work together again soon. You can view Lisa’s post by clicking here.

Lydia

1. ruthinrevolt
    September 27, 2018 / 9:28 am

Awww, this is lovely! The notebook is so pretty, and you can never go wrong with hot chocolate!! Hope you feel better soon.

2. Lisa's Notebook
    September 27, 2018 / 11:45 am

Aw, Lydia, I’m so glad you liked all your bits and bobs! I loved everything you got for me, and I’m glad I managed to find some of your favourites too (Dr Paw Paw and red nail polish!). You’re right, I do worry about you sometimes, but I know you’re doing what you love, and I’m so pleased for you. Hope you feel better soon, and thank you so much again for collaborating with me! xx

Lisa | http://www.lisasnotebook.com

3. September 27, 2018 / 2:55 pm

I’ve read both Lisa’s swap and now yours, I love this idea! Maybe I’ll get together with another blogger and have a swap as well. You both picked great items for each other. I loved the notebook you gave her and that pen!

4. September 27, 2018 / 3:30 pm

This is a really lovely collab! I’ve just come from Lisa’s blog and think you both picked such thoughtful treats for each other. I especially love the Dream Big notebook and it sounds perfect for working on an exciting new project. Hot choc is such a cosy drink for when we feel run down. Hope you feel better soon Lydia <3 xx

Bexa | http://www.hellobexa.com

5. September 27, 2018 / 5:36 pm

This is a truly lovely idea, and i’d love to find someone to swap with!

6. Kim
    September 29, 2018 / 9:36 am

This is a great post. I love Lisa’s picks especially the notebook and scarf.