Handbags are very funny things: considered widely now to be a staple of a women’s wardrobe, they contain all sorts of things. They even are used as a handy tool. (Take a look at Mrs Thatcher!) Instead of showing you what’s in my bag, I thought I’d share with you what my top five things are for my bag.
- Tangle tamer. Does anyone else have really bushy hair? Mine is horrible, and does exactly as it pleases-whether it’s sunny and I’m walking, or it’s rainy and I’m running for a train. I’m keeping this with me now, in order just to look a little bit more professional.
- Highlighters. I colour code everything! Meaning I know what something is at a glance…
- Eyeliner. This is Topshop’s magic liner, and I love it. For it is easy to use, good durability, comes off easily, and doesn’t stab me in the eye. (As somebody with glasses, eye make up is a real hassle.) It adds an extra feature to my day, and allows me to feel better about my poor eyesight and glasses.
- Book. Mind over matter, right!?
- Magazine. News is everywhere I go, meaning that I have a slight addiction-I have to know what’s happening in US politics, UK politics, the NHS, books, films, fashion trends, photography, etc. And I get this from regularly reading glossy magazines, newspapers, and news websites.
What are your top five essentials?