A few people have asked me for a Christmas gift idea, or even just a piece of advice when it comes to shopping. Hence the idea for this post-I wanted to give you a few hints, tips, etc. I’ve also linked in a few places from round the blogosphere, just because.
- If you have a skill, in terms of craft, or even woodwork, use it. Mostly because it’s personal in touch, as well as far cheaper. And you could make something for all your relatives and friends.
- Go shopping at a charity shop. It’s all for a good cause, as well.
- Get personal with wrapping like over at Gem Fatale. Click here to see the post. I’ll be attempting this this year, although I do feel that this may be a little bit beyond my craft ability.
- Write poetry. If you like…just present it in a nice frame.
- Cheap food. Always a plus. Particularly chocolate and anything sweet. Although it’s best not to buy too much. I did that the other day….
- Try an IOU. Or even a book. Because, literally, this is the gift that doesn’t stop giving. Unless you put in an expiry date.
- Choose something that corresponds, maybe in a jocular way, to somebody’s interests. Laughter is a lovely sound, and we need more of it , after all. Plus it makes a lovely memory.
- Promises in envelopes, hidden, for a ‘treasure hunt ‘.
- A sweet jar. A refillable gift.
What else would you advise?